2016 was a blockbuster year for movies. I'm pretty sure I went to the theater 1-2 times a month and was regularly pleased with what I saw. Here are the top 10 movies of the year.
1.Suicide Squad - Despite the bad reviews, I loved this action packed movie and can't wait for part 2.
2. Wiener-Dog - This movie was unpredictable and made me think... cause I didn't always know what was going on. It was funny at times but the ending will make you angry.
3.Nerve - They had me at Dave Franco. This movie was fun and action-packed and the story line was super creative.
4. The Secret Life of Pets - I was pleasantly surprised with this one. I thought it was just a movie for 3-4-year-olds but turns out people of all ages, including myself, liked this adorable and animated movie.
5. Rogue One - Ok maybe I'm still hyped because I saw this yesterday, but this movie was so well put together and gives you just the right amount of nostalgia to curb your Star Wars hunger.
6.The Purge: Election Year - These movies always manage to draw me in and get me so emotionally attached to the characters in such a short time... I love it! My only complaint with this one is that it reminded me of the real election problems we had at the time lol.
7.The Boy - This was by far the creepiest movie of the year and I'm all about plot twist and WOAH did this one have a wicked twist. Plus Lauren Cohan was the lead so a major plus (#TWD hehe).
8. Me Before You - I waited so long for this movie after I read the book and IT WAS SO GOOD and obviously made me cry like crazy.
9. Now You See Me 2 - As if the first one wasn't amazing enough this movie was spellbinding and, as always, Dave Franco was such a plus!!
10. Fantastic Beast and Where To Find Them - I'm probably still hyped over this movie as well because I saw this yesterday. It was so well executed and further proves that J.K. Rowling's mind is full of unique and eccentric ideas.
These movies helped me endure this awful year and if you haven't seen them they will not disappoint.