Halloween is the only time of year that it is socially acceptable to be someone that you are not, so you might as well look good.
Now every year I have a few friends that go broke trying to be cute on this fun holiday, but you have to realize that there are plenty of red hot costumes that will not run you dry.
1. Modern-Day Minnie Mouse - Red skirt, Long Sleeve Black Shirt, Converse or Vans style shoes, and the only thing you would have to buy are the mouse ears. This is cute twist to the oh-so-basic cat costume.
2. Pineapple or Strawberry- I love this because it is a complete DIY costume. Simply get an oversized yellow or red shirt and put little markings on it with a black sharpie (pictured below) and finally get a headband and create your own stem out of green construction paper or fabric.
3. If you want to be gory but still goofy you can be a cereal killer. Wear any base outfit you want and tape or glue boxes of cereal to you with little knives sticking out. Add some blood for affect.
4. Unicorn - This can be done in many different ways. Take a pastel dress and some cute heels, then create (or buy) your own unicorn horn with a headband and rolled up paper. The final touch comes with makeup. GO GLITTER CRAZY and mystify yourself.
5. If you are an insane Halloween procrastinator you will love this. Be a snapchat filter. Not only is this super easy, it's creative as well.
I hope these ideas are useful or if nothing else inspire you. You are never too old for to dress up and in this day and age many people forget to just have fun and enjoy the 24 hour period of being a kid on Halloween.
A.N. PLEASE DO NOT BE HARLEY QUINN FOR HALLOWEEN UNLESS YOU ARE BASIC AND JUST WANT TO EMBRACE YOUR LACK OF CREATIVITY.